Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's really putting a crimp in my style...

This whole "thinking about what I eat" thing is really putting a crimp in my old habits. I'm eating lunch at home more often, and when I know in advance I won't be able to get home for lunch I take lunch from home, and when I didn't know in advance that I wouldn't be able to make it home, my car seems to have forgotten the way to the Golden Arches and I have to be more creative in my food choices.

It's really getting annoying.

I'm also not spending the same amount of money I had been on fast-food; I think my favorite ATM machine is starting to miss me.

I don't know what to do with myself.

I certainly don't remember the last time I thought this much about what I was consuming calorically. Maybe that whole "garbage in, garbage out" thing can apply to people and not just computers.

Thanks to some help from my wonderful mother-in-law, we are freezing some of the tomatoes that came from the farm this week so that we'll be able to taste some of the freshness of summer in the cold of winter. I didn't know you could do that!

No comments: